And while the toxins outside your body are bad enough, did you know that your body is creating toxic free radicals as you are reading this article.
That’s right, even things like negative emotions, the hormones emitted when under stress and emotional disturbances like anxiety, all create free radicals that are highly toxic to your body.
But it’s not all doom and gloom! Your body has some pretty effective systems in check to expel these toxins such as sweating, urination or defecation.
But even these natural safety protocols can become backed up when the toxins become too much.
And at that point, if you don’t take care of this overload you can become very sick, very fast. To detoxify your body is like getting a spa after a hard day’s worth of work. Your body feels better, your mind feels clearer, and you feel more relaxed.
Here are 9 warning signs to watch out for. If you experience any of these, it might be time to start a detox cleanse.
1. White or Yellow Tongue
- Whenever you see an excess of yellow or white film on your tongue it is a signal that your body is detoxing itself through your mouth by way of your tongue and breath.
- Your tongue should be bright pink or pale red so if you see a film on your tongue it is time to detox.
2. Gallbladder Issues
- If you are having any issues such as pain when you eat any fats, it is likely your gallbladder telling you it is overloaded.
- When your body is overloaded with toxins, bile released in the gallbladder from the liver can become too concentrated, which can ultimately clog your gallbladder and increase the risk of gallstones often the source of the pain.
3. Congested Sinuses
- Sinus issues are very common in people who are overloaded with toxins, especially if you regularly inhale high amounts of toxic chemicals either in your home or at work.
- Regular headaches with no obvious cause is a signal that something is not right. So if you find you are reaching for a pain reliever too often, try a detox program to see if the problem can be relieved naturally.
5. Skin Issues
- Having skin issues such as chronic dry skin or itchy rashes and/or acne is a sign that your body needs help.
- To heal your skin you need to rid your body of the toxins causing the skin problems, which is why simply using a topical ointment that may have even more toxins in it, is not going to work.
6. Belly Fat
- While not all belly fat is a signal that you need to detox, it is still something you should pay attention to.
- Toxins stored in your fat cells disrupt your metabolism, which can affect your body’s ability to control glucose and cholesterol levels.
- Your body naturally releases melatonin when it is time to sleep. If your body is full of toxins, it can affect the amount of melatonin your body releases, ultimately causing insomnia or restless sleep. A good detox can help restore your body’s natural sleep/wake cycle.
- If you find that you are having regular hot flashes (that are not connected with menopause), it is probably a result of a toxic build-up that is forcing your heart to work overtime, a situation called “overheating.”
- This is your body’s way of trying to release the toxins by sweating out the harmful toxins.
9. Lack of Energy
There is a big difference between simply being tired and exhaustion or constant fatigue and low energy.
Waking up tired every day and not being able to make it through the day, is a good sign it’s time to detox. So why not start your days with this detox recipe.
There are many ways to help your body get rid of excessive toxins and detoxify your body. Here are just a few of these:
- jumping on a mini-trampoline
- drinking this recipe in the morning
- dry skin brushing
- lymphatic massage
Combining more than one of these options will give you the best results.
Whatever it is that you choose to do, just start with one thing only. It’s better to add on as you get used to a healthier lifestyle than to not start at all because you’re feeling overwhelmed.